Friday, April 6, 2018

Week 1 Forum

Week 1 Blog Forum - Due before the end of class Friday.
TOPIC 1: ABOUT ME -- Tell a little bit about yourself, your major, why you took this class, your photography experience ...
My name is Aidan Venegas, I'm a 19 year old transfer student, just moved from Hawai'i. I was born in Chile and moved with my family when I was 2 to Oregon. I moved to Hawai'i about 5 and a half years ago with my family, but decided that I wanted to come back to the Pacific North West. Right now I am working towards completing my AAOT degree so that I can transfer over to Southern Oregon University and finish with a degree in Outdoor Adventure Leadership. The reason I signed up for this class was to try to get a sense for what it is like to be a photojournalist and what it would take to do so. My photography experience so far has been limited to shooting sports mode at family get togethers and occasionally using manual mode for more staged pictures.

TOPIC 2: GOALS -- Now that you've committed to taking Photojournalism this term, what are your THREE goals for this class? (In addition to earning a good grade!)
Three goals that I have for this class are to get a better understanding of what it takes to be a photojournalist, to understand how to compose an image to tell a story, and to further develop my photography taking skills.

TOPIC 3: LBCC PHOTOS -- Think about taking news photos related to LBCC. What would make good subjects for an upcoming photo shoot?
Good subjects for an upcoming photo shoot would be:
Sports events: I do not know the schedule for the sports yet, but for example going to a baseball game and getting photos of the crowd cheering on the team or having the batter set up ready to hit the ball with a serious look on their face. 
Club meetings: Now that clubs are starting up, going in and taking a look at for example the anime club and take photos of people reading manga or discussion Naruto.
Art galleries that they have in SSH: I know there is one this week and next week, so having photos that show people looking at the pieces of art or having the artist there describing the artwork would look nice.
List THREE subjects or ideas, including a little bit about the subject. 
Here's an example: LBCC baseball -- The LBCC baseball team plays its next game on Saturday. I could shoot photos before, during and after the game, including shots of the action and crowd reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment