Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 10 Forum

For this term, my favorite photo that I took so far would have to be of Leonel Alcantar and Daniel Castillo at the Diversity Day event at the LBCC Courtyard.


The reason that I liked this photo so much was because of the great composition of the two guys performing and having a clean background that didn't distract from the subjects. I feel that this image really shows how photojournalism has been able to change the way that I think about my subjects and composition to get a great shot.

Throughout this term I feel that I have been able to push myself out of my comfort zone in order to get close to my subjects to be able to capture the image that I know will help me tell the story I want to tell. I think a good example of that would be primarily the photos I took for Diversity Day being able to really capture the moment.


Week 1 Goals for Photojournalism this term:
  • To get a better understanding of what it takes to be a photojournalist 
  • To understand how to compose an image to tell a story
  • To further develop my photography taking skills.
Taking a look back at my forum response from Week 1 and looking back on my personal goals for the term I actually feel like I did pretty well at following through with them. At the beginning, I knew very little of what photojournalism was and what it took to become a photojournalist, but after reading through Lynsey Addario's book It's What I Do and having my own personal experience with going out and getting the story, I began to get a clear picture of how goes into being a photojournalist. Another one of my goals was to understand how to compose and image to tell a story. After weeks of photo assignments I think I was finally able to begin to focus my eye to find the best way to position myself in order to get the right composition. Lastly I wanted to develop my photography skills, and I think that through weeks of practice and learning to look at subjects differently, my photography taking skills have been able to improve.







No comments:

Post a Comment