Friday, May 25, 2018

Week 6 Forum

For the "My Neighborhood/My Hometown" photo assignment for next week, the city that I'm planning on shooting is downtown Corvallis. I do not live downtown area of Corvallis, but I spend most my time there either in transit or going around doing errands. As for the ideas for photos that I can take around town, I was thinking of going over to the Corvallis Courthouse because it is such a recognizable building that often when you think of Corvallis your mind goes to the courthouse with its contrasting white and red color scheme and classic "Big Ben-esk" clock. Another idea for a photo that I had in mind was that of taking a photo of one of the employees at the Browser's Bookstore which is located right across from the courthouse. The reason I had this location in mind was because I spend a good amount of time looking through their seemingly endless book supply. My last photo idea is to head over to the Corvallis Farmers Market to capture a photo of people going around the different booths. I think that the photo that I will have the most difficulty with is actually the one of the courthouse. The reason for this is because of the fact that the courthouse has been photographed hundreds of times, so trying to find a way to capture it in a way that is in its own way unique, will be difficult. 

For the photo story assignment I have two photo stories in mind. Currently I am thinking about either doing a story on the Heartland Humane Society or homeless in Corvallis. For the Heartland Human Society I was thinking about trying to get a behind the scenes look at how they run their operations at the center and take a look into the lives behind some of the people who work there. For the homeless in Corvallis, I was thinking of trying to see if I could interview some of the homeless people around Corvallis and take a look into their lives, what they do, and how they might have gotten to where they are. I was also thinking of going to the Corvallis Daytime Drop-in Center to see if I could go talk to the people over there and get some more information from them as well.

To go about getting these photographs, I would try to make contact with an outreach coordinator at the Heartland Humane Society and ask them to see if they would allow me to get some more personal access to the center than that of just simply walking around. For the idea on the homeless in Corvallis I think the best way for me to go about getting in contact with the people would be through the "middle man" so to speak, which is the Corvallis Daytime Drop-in Center since I think that that would be the best way for me to approach the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment